Tuesday 9 July 2013

10 commandments/Tarot cards

Haven't blogged in a while! Uni is over for the summer and here are some bits and pieces from my last project. The project was to illustrate the 10 commandments, I really wanted to practice drawing skulls as it's not something I usually include in my illustration, despite my love affair with the macabre. So using Memento Mori and 'The day of the dead' as inspiration I created these using graphite and fine liners. I tried to make them as intricate and detailed as possible as I also wanted to experiment with different textures. I really like the combination of graphite and ink. Personally I think they would make great tattoos. It was really fun coming up with different depictions for each commandment. I tried to stay away from clichés and fully focus on aesthetics. Using the arrows as symbols for conscious thought. I also got a great commission out of this for KILLSTAR clothing for their winter collection, so keep an eye out for that. I'm going to make some more a3 prints of these, so any requests for individuals or just the set on a3 are welcome. I might even make little sets of decorative tarot card packs.






No comments:

Post a Comment